Card of the Day - Seven of Pentacles

As we go along, we'll be talking about the different cards that make up the 78 cards in the Tarot. Today, I wanted to start with a representative card, to illustrate how the symbols of the Tarot can be interpreted for your own personal situation. As you learn how to read tarot cards, you will gain a greater understanding of the nuances of each card, and that will enhance your ability to apply the messages of the Tarot to your own situation.

The suit of pentacles is one of four in the minor arcana of the Tarot. The four suits each concern an area of human life as follows:
  • Cups - emotional matters
  • Rods (also called staves or wands) - spiritual matters
  • Swords - power, position, or physical matters
  • Pentacles (also called coins) - monetary or financial matters
Everyone loves to see pentacles come up in a good position in a spread because of that relationship of pentacles to money, prosperity, and material gain. However, pentacles also have to do with industry, personal effort and application, work, career, skills and talents, and contribution to society. So you can see that the Tarot begins to be more complex than just reading symbols on a card.

Depending upon the location of the card in a spread, and its relationship to the cards surrounding it, your reading can be very different indeed.

The seven of pentacles is a good example. On its face, it shows a man, a farmer or gardener, holding a hoe or other implement. He is surrounded by leafy growth, against a beautiful landscape. The Rider-Waite (RW) version is a bit more spartan than the picture of the card from my Morgan-Greer (MG) deck. We'll be talking about decks in the near future. You can see the difference in tone between the two cards. In RW, the sense is of someone who has completed a tiring job, or someone who is contemplating what has grown there. In MG, you get a sense that he is satisfied with his labour, and perhaps also proud of his successful accomplishment.

The meanings of this card include the idea that one's hard labor is necessary to cultivate material gain. It speaks to individual and sustained effort as well as care and attention paid to that thing which is growing. The message includes the idea that time and effort are necessary in order to get reward, and that one can be satisfied with such an endeavour if good, honest effort has been expended. The symbols indicate that there will be a payoff for hard work, and that you can see and enjoy the fruits of your labors. It also indicates that it may be necessary to take time for assessment of one's work so far, and may herald a change in direction.

In the reversed position (which we will talk about soon) it could indicate some concern or anxiety regarding one's economic status, and uncertainty about whether one's labor will be rewarded, even about whether one is working in the right field, or whether cultivating this particular seed (or project) is worthwhile.

As you can see, the symbols of the Tarot offer multiple meanings and interpretations depending upon other factors such as position in the spread, surrounding cards, and the situation in which the question is asked. When you learn how to read tarot cards for yourself, you will develop an ability to know which of these meanings is the right one for your situation at the present time.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to use this opportunity I have to say a big thanks to Dr Great for getting back my ex husband. I'm Linda Gibson from USA, after 7 years of marriage my husband left me for another woman I did whatever I could to get him back but all I did was in vain I was sad, but I didn't lose hope of getting him back because I had faith in God. So I search online on how to get my husband back, and I came across a post of Dr Great of how he helped a lady to get back her ex I felt I should give him a try, I contacted him and told him the pain I was going through, he told me what to do and I did it, then he casted a love spell for me 48 hours later my husband called me and told me he is sorry for what he did and that he misses me very much later that day he came back home and beg for my forgiveness, since then our relationship became stronger. For the marvelous things Dr Great has done for me it will be unfair for me not to let the whole world know that such a powerful spell caster do live. If you want to get back your ex fast email Dr Great at infinitylovespell@gmail.com

sophia lee said...

Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr Emmanuel cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr Emmanuel the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348140073965 or email: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr Emmanuel that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : nativehealthclinic@gmail.com. or WHATSAPP +2348140073965 GOD BLESS YOU ALL?

Unknown said...

This is the most wonderful thing i have ever experienced. I visited here online on the 5th of September and i saw a marvelous testimony of laura Aldana from United States on the forum about the good works of DR GBOGBO I never believed it, because have never heard anything about such miracle before. No body would have been able to convince me about it not until DR.GBOGBO did a marvelous work for me that restored my mairage of 4 years by getting back my husband back i just as i read on the internet. I'm Tricia Alan I was truly shocked when my husband knelt down pleading for forgiveness to accept him back. I am really short of words to use to show my appreciation to DR.GBOGBO For his a God sent to me and my entire family for divine restoration of my marriage. Contact him now for any kind of help via Email ( gbogbospelltemple@gmail.com ) or you add him on whatsApp number ( +2347059106059 ) or call him, get all your problems solve No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him now Tricia Alan THANKS TO Dr Gbogbo

FLORES said...

I want to give a big thanks to a great spell caster commonly known as DR TAKUTA for the great spiritual prayers he did in my life by bringing my ex-lover back to me after many months of breakup and loneliness. With this, I am convinced that you are sent to this word to rescue people from heartbreaks and also to help us get the solution to every relationship problem. for those of you out there who have one relationship problem or the other why not contact DR TAKUTA. that is the best place you can solve all your problems, including a lack of jobs and promotions, binding and marriage spells, divorce and attraction spells, anxiety and depression problems, good luck and lotto spells, fertility, and pregnancy spells, and also the business success and customer increase, winning court cases and many more. contact him at takutaspellalter@gmail.com or contact mobile contact +27788634102

Anusha Todurkar said...

A big thanks to Dr Oselumen i never believe that there still exist a real death spell caster after all this years of disappointment from the enormous spammers on the Internet who go about scamming people, until i was opportune to meet Dr Oselumen a real spell caster, through a close friend called Jennifer who Dr oselumen had helped before, when i contacted him with his email via droselumen@gmail.com i explain how my ex have been giving me problem in my marriage, she never allowed me a moment of peace, and i need to end it by killing her, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week my ex was dead, she slept and never woke up all thanks to Dr Oselumen indeed he's really a humble man. you can contact dr oselumen for any death spell, such as to kill your superior in the office and take his or her place, death spell to kill your father and inherit his wealth ,death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past ,spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him nowvia Email droselumen@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348054265852

Mia said...

Hello everyone, I am Mia. from Oklahoma USA, I want to use this medium to appreciate Dr Ogedegbe the great black magic spell caster for the successful death spells he cast on someone for me. I contacted him when my husband left me for another woman who uses witchcraft power to take my husband. I was desperately in need of help when I found his contacts online about his genuine powers. I told him my situation and how I wanted the bitch who took my husband gone. He told me not to worry. He cast the death spells ritual on her and the bitch died in her sleep within 24hours. Now my husband  is back home and we are living happily. Thank you so much Dr Ogedegbe, You are so real and true. Below are his contacts in case you want to contact him via email dr.ogedegbe6@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp:  +2348109374702....
He also rendered the following services.....LOVE SPELL....LOTTERY SPELL....PROMOTION SPELL...etc

Tamara Barrow said...

I'm 61 years old. I contracted hpv in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr voodoo herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr. voodoo he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr. voodoo make it possible for me. Here is Dr. voodoo email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348140120719 he is welled capable of curing terrible diseases.